It is the policy of the Company to conduct its business in a way that protects the environment. In doing this, we apply the best practicable means to preserve air, water, soil, plant and animal life from adverse effects of our operations.
Our statement of general policy
- To maintain an effective Environmental Management System complying with International Standard ISO14001:2004
- To execute our activities in compliance with applicable local and international environmental laws and regulations.
- To enhance proper waste management through measures that encourage minimisation, recycle and reuse of processed waste.
- To set targets and performance standards in order to promote continual improvements in environmental management performance and the prevention of pollution.
- To systematically evaluate the impact of our activities on our operational environment and the implementation of corresponding mitigating measures.
- To encourage individual responsibility for sound environmental management and the provision of adequate means and environmental training programmes for our employees and contractors.
- To maintain corporate/departmental environmental monitoring programs, periodic auditing, inspections and internal reviews to assess environmental performance in compliance with our policy and governmental requirements.
- To develop, maintain and update Emergency Contingency Plans for the protection of our operating environment.
With the commitment of everyone, we will achieve the above objectives.
I will consistently ensure that these objectives are met.
Williams G. Akpojevwe
Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer